Translate

Monday 23 August 2010

Street-Art "Jam" and more pics

Last night, Son of Recession asked some of his friends to come along to Fashion St. between Brick Lane and Commercial St. to do some "legal" street-art. Let me explain: even the prolific grafitti artists and street artists were asked to come and use materials that they could not get arrested for. Most people chose to use chalk, though Son of Recession chose to spray on bin-liners. I wondered whether even this would be considered criminal damage, though he seemed confident in his assertion that as he was spraying on the plastic bag and not the actual surface, it should be ok.














Son of Recession, Fashion St. admiring his handy-work













Kadir, Fashion St. There aren't many female artists in the street scene, though Kadir really impressed by doing something based on perspective, with depth a key theme. Kadir also left some free presents above her piece: some postcard sized piece of her artwork. I took one and asked her to sign and date it for when she gets famous and I can seel it for a million.
























Marco, Fashion St. There was also a poet on hand. Here is Marco checking his work which he usually makes up on-the-spot according to how he feels.














Lost Monkey, Fashion St. Sorry it's a bit dark, you can click on it and lighten it yourself.














Also, Lost Monkey has a new exhibition coming up, here's a poster for it with the details.


















Maxwell, Fashion St. Click on the image to enlarge.

















Maxwell, Fashion St. Here's the man himself in front of his work.

The artworks should still be there for a while, so go and check them out (if the rain doesn't wash them away)

Here are some pics of some assorted work from around the area. I'll try to name the artist and location whenever I can, so if this info is not there then I can't fathom it out.













2 Kold by Zomby, Redchurch St. There is not enough graf around Brick Lane and I've moaned about this time and time again. The majority of the graf is of a good standard, and this looks good, though I think it needs developing.














Keen One and Ideal, Sclater St. off Brick Lane. Nice to see some international graf in the area. These are from Dortmund, Germany.























Redchurch St. off Brick Lane. Even I can't read this tag, but I like it! So I'm gonna call it Moo. Notice the Space Invader sticker? See previous posts for more of his/her work.













Piss alley, off Brick Lane. Remember the blue sperm from a while back? Well I really liked it and I would be so pissed off that it got covered if the urinals weren't so good.













Hanbury St. You Know. I like this little guy as it reminds me of the arcade games like pacman, but also because he is implying that everyone know's his secret.













Ronzo, Brick Lane. I used to have a problem with paste-ups, then ones like this would make me laugh.













Bink, Brick Lane. Not much to say about this except that it makes me smile.














Roa, Brick Lane. The Crow. This is one of the most prolific, and ambitious, artists on Brick Lane. Did you see his 20 metre Stork? WOW!














Roa, Brick Lane, The Boar. He has also done a giant squirrel. Go to previous posts to see this.

















Mark Amerling, Sclater St. off Brick Lane. I've a feeling I've uploaded these before, but they're so good I don't mind seeing them again.


You know, I've only uploaded about half the pics I meant to. It takes soooooooo long to do it on here, then you have to mess about re-positioning them. Pain in the arse! That means that there is a lot more to come so I'm gonna be busy with the blog for the near future.
Coming soon: More graf and street-art pics
mancpete

No comments:

Post a Comment