Translate

Wednesday 9 June 2010

"Technical Issues" resolved!

Hey! Now I'm gonna let the artwork do (most of) the talking! Just to let you know though, I have given the names of the pieces based on what I see. These are not the official names. Unless stated next to the piece they are situated on Brick Lane itself.



"After Lives" and "Schwartz" at the corner of Osborn St. and Brick Lane.


Have you seen those t-shirts "I HEART BUSH"? Hilarious! The Yanks don't even get the joke.


Unnamed courtyard just off Brick Lane. Just goes to show - Pop Art is alive and well.


Jimi Hendrix - Hanbury St. just off Brick Lane



And there's even some Surrealist stuff around here. Unnamed courtyard just off Brick Lane



This Stork was reported in the London Evening Standard as being 12 metres tall. The man in the foreground was nearly 6 feet tall, so that will give you some idea of the scale of this piece. Unnamed courtyard off Brick Lane.




And I love these little guys! They remind me of tourist penises!



There are some great graffiti styles...



And some that are not so great!
I've got so many more to show you, but I want some feedback on what you think so far. Please leave me a message telling me what you (honestly) think.
Coming soon: Reviews of gallery shows I've been attending and interviews with the artists involved.
Later this week/early next week: interrview with local artist Christopher Lakony. Go to google and search his name.
See ya soon!
mancpete

No comments:

Post a Comment