Translate

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Intro

Hi all! Sorry I've not been keeping up this blog but someone tried to hijack it! I logged in and found that it was blocked. So, I just had to start again.

This blog is a look at the arts around Brick Lane in East London. Not just the numerous galleries, but also the street art. From tags to stencils, from graf to slogans, all written/drawn/painted between Aldgate East station and Hoxton (yes, I know that's not part of Brick Lane but I decided to extend it) in the north.

For a brief history of Brick Lane you can have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_Lane or on google and they will give you some facts and figures.

The good thing about writing about art around here is that there is always something going on. Most Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays there are open nights at the galleries here, mostly with free alcohol! Which never hurts.
Well, here's my first pic. It kinda sums up what this blog is all about. Art for me should say something, not just be something you look at and say "Oh, what's that?" It's all about the viewers interpretation. This is unsigned and I would love to know whio did it, as I would like to shake their hand.


I'm gonna be keeping this up-to-date as much as possible, and reviews of the shows and more pictures of the street art will be forthcoming.
I will also be introducing you to the artists I meet everyday in the area.
See ya soon!
mancpete

1 comment:

  1. Please go to my arts blog and become a follower. I know it's not too good thus far but it will be great!

    ReplyDelete