Translate

Thursday 24 June 2010

More pics... New and Old

One of the things I love about Brick Lane is that there are always surprises for you. I thought I kenw all the artwork around there, having lived there for a few years, then I discovered some more gems that seem to have been there for ages. Have a look...


I know, I know! Too cute, but Fantasia is one of my favourite films, and quite scary for a child!

My sentiments exactly! I think it looks like Debbie Harry. Do you agree?


... and there are some dark arts abroad!
These are ingenious. I like the way they create an artificial shadow, even at night! I think the artist is trying to say someting about the light being fragile and we should meake better use of it. That's my opinion anyway, maybe you could comment on them as well?


This of Che Guevara is great, The artist has deconstructed his persona by deconstructing the face of the hero.

Look closely at who's driving the cars with a pistol.
And here are some brand new ones that only been added in the last 2 or 3 days!


The traffic around Brick Lane is awful (there is the City of London close-by, also 3 major tube stations) and this seems to be some kind of protest about it.

These are dark! WOW! They are by Nathan Bowen, who did ithe earlier piece "After-Lives"
There are still so many to show you but I want some feedback, so that's all for now folks!!
Coming soon: reviews of this weeks opening shows and interviews with artists
mancpete

No comments:

Post a Comment