Translate

Thursday 10 June 2010

More Pictures

I've only shown you a fraction of the work on and around Brick Lane. Here's a few more




This is one of my favourites. Spirals are great and I like the way that these 2 are in inverse patterns. Unnamed courtyard off Brick Lane




This makes me smile, not because it's any good, but because it's quite absurd. Unnamed courtyard off Brick Lane




I never used to like stencil work, though more recently this artform has become more sophisticated. I mean in the sense that the ideas behind the (sometimes) basic technique are being expressed more succinctly than in some other mediums that involve a lot more work and (sometimes) a lot less creativity. I think this clown looks a bit like Morissey from The Smiths.









Another of my favourites. A good twist on the Monkey Say, Monkey Do slogan meaning: People who do whatever everyone else is doing, regardless of the circumstances. I'm not sure if that cat on a tile is part of the original design, but it doesn't detract too much from the piece.





I'm not sure if this is one piece or two, but good work on both counts. Two things though: - What are UFUS? and why are those red arrows there? Answers on a postcard please, to...



I'm not usually one for cutesy stuff, but I have always loved Betty Boop! Sexy! I wonder if it's dedicated to Lulu?
This is only a small selection of the artwork around Brick Lane. I have a lot more for you.
Remember, there will be some exhibition reviews coming soon, including interviews with artists.
Please leave your comments at the bottom.
mancpete

No comments:

Post a Comment