Translate

Friday 29 October 2010

Sad news!

It's a sad day on Brick Lane! One of my all-time favourite pieces has been painted over! It''s a very unusual portrait of the revolutionary icon Che Guevara. I recently spoke to the artist - Osch - and asked him if the designs that make up his face were facial muscles and tendons. He said that he meant them to be stylised wrinkles, though he could see what I was getting at. Yesterday, I was walking down a street that I walk down everyday and looked at his usual spot to marvel at this piece as I usually do and there was a grey wall instead! I was nonplussed. I thought that Osch wouls make another painting. When I spoke to him later, he told me that it was another artist that was going to paint there whois his friend and he even asked permission.

I walked past again today and there was a new piece in it's stead (though as you know I can't take a pic as I am camera-less at the moment) of an artist whose work I have seen before but have not met as yet. I will take photos soon though and keep you posted on other new work in the Brick Lane area.

Here's the original piece in all its glory (click to enlarge)
















Che by Osch, (formerly on) Redcurch St.

No comments:

Post a Comment